These are a few of my go-to resources. Please let me know if you have others you recommend.
- Randall Bartlett, MA, Tinnitus Treatment Center, Valencia, CA
- Sol Marghzar, AuD, TheHearingDoctor.com, Culver City and Beverly Hills, CA
- Marsha Johnson, AuD, Portland, OR
- Misophonia and Tinnitus Audiologists
- Alternative Treatments for Misophonia
- Facebook: Misophonia Support Group
- Facebook: Parents of Children with Misophonia
- Online Community: Soundsensitivity@yahoogroups.com
- Lemon-Aid Counseling (Dr. Jaelline Jaffe’s website)
Media (Misophonia) – mainly to help those who do not have misophonia to understand it better
- CBS Local News, May 15, 2015 (CAUTION: Includes many trigger sounds)
- Please Stop Making That Noise (New York Times Wellness Blog, Feb 23, 2015, Barron H. Lerner, M.D.) CAUTION: Turn off sound before clicking link, if you have triggers.
- Sound-Rage: A Primer of the Neurobiology and Psychology of a Little Known Anger Disorder (Judith Krauthamer, 2013)
- When a Chomp or a Slurp is a Trigger for Outrage, NY Times, Sept 5, 2011
- Today Show, Sept 8, 2011
- ABC News 20/20, May 17, 2012
- ABC News 20/20, Feb 7, 2014 (hyperacusis, with reference to misophonia)
- ABC Local News, Maryland, Feb 7, 2014 (follows a woman with misophonia through her day)
- Hatred of Sound, Pt 1 (Gaelic with English Subtitles) – This docudrama helps family, friends and associates understand how Misophonia affects patients. CAUTION: Not recommended if you have triggers.
- Hatred of Sound, Pt 2 (continuation of the above, with same cautions)
- Fox 10 News, April 30, 2014 (teen with probably the worst case of misophonia ever)
- Fox 10 News, Phoenix, May 1, 2014 (mid-life man who has had misophonia his entire life)
- ABC 20/20, May 23, 2014 (OCD and perfectionism in children – treatment and brain scans) Some connection to Misophonia??
Professional Articles and Research (Misophonia)
- The Misunderstood Misophonia (Audiology Today July/August 2014, Volume 26 Issue 4:14-23)
- Misophonia: Physiological Investigations and Case Descriptions (Frontiers in Human Neuroscience 2013; 7: 296)
- Misophonia: Diagnostic Criteria for a New Psychiatric Disorder (PLoS One. 2013; 8(1). Epub 2013 Jan 23)
- Misophonia: Incidence, Phenomenology, and Clinical Correlates in an Undergraduate Student Sample (Journal of Clinical Psychology 2014 Oct;70(10):994-1007. Epub 2014 Apr 17)
- Misophonia in Eating Disorder Patients (Science of Eating Disorders, Jan 18, 2014)
- New Treatment for Tinnitus (University of Michigan, Dec 16, 2013)
- American Tinnitus Association Support Groups
- Tinnitus Talk Support Forum